Thursday, March 22, 2012

Confession on dressing a baby boy

I love dressing Jack.  Most of the time he looks like a little old man wearing plaid and sweater vests.  I was really excited for summer because of rompers.  Since it was so warm out I put Jack in a romper yesterday.

See how cute his looks in a romper?

What they don't tell you about rompers is that there is no stretch. At all.  This might be fine if your child does not have fat arms like mine does.  Since there is no stretch in said rompers they are not easy to remove.

Long story short, I got his romper stuck trying to take it off.  Or, I got Jack stuck.  Either way it wasn't fun.  I was freaking out, he was crying.  Andrew had to get a pair of scissors to start a tear in the fabric.  Then he turned into The Incredible Hulk and ripped the romper off. 

It was scary.  Then it was funny.  We were laughing about it.  Jack even laughed so hard that he started to cry again (maybe it was a flashback.)

We are saving the romper and writing the story of getting it stuck on some scrapbook paper so we can look back in 20 years and laugh.  And, from now on, I am only dressing Jack in stretchy cotton to fit over his fat arms and big head.

No comments:

Post a Comment