Monday, March 26, 2012

Confession about us

We almost never happened.  We became friends shortly after we started working together.  We were a part of a group of work friends that hung out often and we happened to have a mutual friend from outside of work.   I knew that Andrew had feelings for me before he asked me out (he made the mistake of emailing my friend about me and of course she forwarded the emails to me.) 


The day he asked me out.

I had many conversations with my mom and grandma about dating him. I was worried that he was "too good" for me.  He was so much more reserved than I was.  I was worried about breaking his heart.  He had never had a girlfriend.  I was worried about how differently we were raised.  I was a child of poverty and abuse and he was a child of two loving middle class parents.  We were so incredibly different.  My mom and grandma finally convinced me to just give him a chance... that I may be surprised.

The day he proposed.

I'm glad I took that advice.

The day he became my husband.


I remember realizing I had fallen in love.  I thought I couldn't be more in love.  But then Andrew proposed to me.  Then we vowed our love to one another in front of our friends and family.  Then we found out I was pregnant. Then we miscarried.   Then we were pregnant again.  Then we had Jack.  every day I love him so much more than the day before.  Every day I love him for something new... for being my friend, my confidant, my love, the provider for our family, the father of my son.

The day he became a dad.


   I am so thankful to have found my soulmate.  I'm so glad I have him to go through the ups and downs of life with.  And I'm pretty grateful that I listened to my mom and grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment