Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Confession about Mondays

Most people hate Mondays. 

I love Mondays.  After being away from Jack for 27 hours in three days I look forward to that first fill day with him every week. 

We usually get up right before Daddy leaves and Jack sits in our bed talking to Daddy.  Then I read him a book or two. (He already has 88 books so I have plenty to choose from.)  We play, sing, take walks, sit in the yard, and run errands.  I love the challenge of trying to squeeze in as much time with Jack while figuring out dinner for the week and catching up on laundry and dishes.

We are trying a vegetable garden this summer so lately Jack and I have been going outside in the mornings or late afternoon to pull weeds up front or get planters ready for veggies.  I thought he would hate the grass but he actually loves it. He sits in the grass and grabs it with his hands.  He grabs blades with his toes.  He lays on a blanket and grabs his feet (who needs toys when the best toys are attached.) 

Andrew appreciates Mondays just as much.  After caring for Jack all weekend, work is a break for him.  Programming is something he is more comfortable and familiar with than parenting.  He spends most of Monday evenings singing to Jack.  He loves his ABC's (forwards and backwards), Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and the song his bear sings.  I love hearing Jack laugh at Andrew's silly sing song voice and the song motions. 

I am so blessed to be able to stay home with Jack.  I love having the opportunity to watch him grow and discover new things all the time.


Jack's favorite toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment